The North & East Texas Press Association, in conjunction with the Texas Press Association will award two $1500 scholarships, one to a graduating high school senior and one to a currently enrolled college student*.
The scholarships are payable at $750 per semester to the registrar of the college of the recipient’s choice after the scholarship recipient has sent proof of registration to NETPA Secretary Cher Thompson.
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by March 18 to be considered. Winners will be notified by April 11.
Applicants MUST be from the area served by NETPA and have a declared major in journalism/communications/photojournalism. Preference is given to print majors.
High School applicants should submit parts 1-4 below with materials in the scholarship application submission:
College applicants should submit only 1, 2 and 3 (b) and (c) and 4.
1. Complete the attached application and include a resume that includes
scholastic, athletic and community activities.
2. Provide a current official transcript certified by school or college registrar.
3. High school applicants should submit three letters of recommendation from:
a) senior, junior or dual credit college English instructor
b) publication adviser or local newspaper supervisor student has been employed with
c) from a person of the applicant’s choice
4. All applicants should submit clips of published work. Include publication dates. May send photocopies of work as published in yearbook or magazine. Please mount all photocopies and newspaper clippings on paper and place in folder or binder.
Please include a cover sheet with the following information:
- Student’s Name
- Indicate which scholarship you are applying for (scholastic-HS or collegiate)
- Phone number
- Email address
Send the completed application to:
211 North Main St.
Gladewater, TX. 75647
The NETPA Scholarship Application may be accessed on the NETPA and ILPC websites.
If you have any questions or wish to receive these materials by email:
*At judges’ discretion two scholarships may be awarded in one category and none
in another based on the quality of the applications.
SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING PROOF OF COLLEGE REGISTRATION BEFORE SCHOLARSHIP MONIES WILL BE SENT TO COLLEGE. THE SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE REVOKED IF MAJOR CHANGES.